Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Electronic Age

So today I’m dealing with support issues like call forwarding, email and twitter. For some reason my smart phone forgot how to send email from my business account. What’s worse, is it was pretending to. I thought I was responding to clients who were getting nothing.

I finally got that fixed and went to head out to the post office and found my office phone wouldn’t forward. It seems that AT&T decided to “improve” my service by deleting that feature. After 45 minutes on line and on the phone I am told that it will take 24-48 hours for the service to be restored.

I am old enough to remember when an answering machine you could access remotely was a luxury. Now people expect responses real-time. For the self employed and small business this is problem made far worse by fritzy service providers.

So I am taking bets on what will get screwed up adding the call forwarding back in.

Anyway with that I’m going dark for awhile and heading to the post office.

Until Later
Charles

No comments: